Why is this medication prescribed?
Tildrakizumab-asmn is a medication used to treat moderate to severe plaque psoriasis in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy. Plaque psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune condition characterized by thick, red patches of skin covered with silvery scales.
Tildrakizumab-asmn works by targeting a specific protein involved in the inflammatory response of psoriasis, thereby reducing inflammation and symptoms associated with the condition.
How should this medicine be used?
Here’s how Tildrakizumab-asmn injection is typically used:
- Administration: Tildrakizumab-asmn is administered by subcutaneous injection, which means it is injected under the skin.
- Dosage: The dosage and frequency of tildrakizumab-asmn injections may vary depending on individual patient factors and the severity of psoriasis. Your healthcare provider will determine the appropriate dosage for you.
- Injection Site: The injections are usually given in the abdomen or thigh, and it’s important to rotate injection sites to avoid irritation or other adverse reactions.
- Instructions: Follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or pharmacist regarding the preparation and administration of the injection. Make sure to read the medication guide that comes with the product.
- Storage: Store tildrakizumab-asmn injections in the refrigerator according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Do not freeze. Allow the medication to reach room temperature before use.
- Monitoring: Your healthcare provider will monitor your progress and may adjust your dosage or treatment plan as needed based on your response to the medication.
It’s important to use tildrakizumab-asmn exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider and to attend all follow-up appointments. If you have any questions or concerns about the medication or its administration, be sure to discuss them with your healthcare provider.
Other uses for this medicine
Tildrakizumab-asmn injection is primarily prescribed for the treatment of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis in adults, and its use for other conditions is limited. However, it’s worth noting that because tildrakizumab-asmn targets the immune system’s inflammatory response, there is ongoing research into its potential efficacy in other autoimmune conditions, such as psoriatic arthritis or Crohn’s disease.
What special precautions should I follow?
Regarding special precautions for tildrakizumab-asmn injection, here are some key points to consider:
- Allergies: Inform your healthcare provider if you have any allergies to tildrakizumab-asmn or any of its ingredients. This medication may contain inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Infections: Tildrakizumab-asmn can increase the risk of infections. Before starting treatment, inform your healthcare provider if you have any current infections or if you have a history of recurrent infections. It’s important to monitor for signs of infection during treatment, and if you develop any signs of infection, such as fever, chills, cough, or sore throat, contact your healthcare provider promptly.
- Vaccinations: Avoid receiving live vaccines while on tildrakizumab-asmn treatment. Live vaccines may not be as effective or could cause complications due to the suppression of the immune system.
- Pre-existing Conditions: Inform your healthcare provider about any pre-existing medical conditions you have, especially if you have a history of tuberculosis (TB), inflammatory bowel disease, or other autoimmune conditions.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: It’s essential to discuss the risks and benefits of tildrakizumab-asmn treatment if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Similarly, if you are breastfeeding, talk to your healthcare provider about the potential risks to the infant and whether to continue breastfeeding or discontinue treatment.
- Monitoring: Regular monitoring of your condition, including blood tests, may be necessary while on tildrakizumab-asmn treatment.
Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions carefully and communicate any concerns or changes in your health status during treatment with tildrakizumab-asmn.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Regarding special dietary instructions, there are no specific dietary restrictions associated with tildrakizumab-asmn injection. However, maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle is important for overall health and may complement your treatment.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
If you forget a dose of tildrakizumab-asmn injection, contact your healthcare provider or pharmacist for guidance. They can advise you on the appropriate course of action, which may involve rescheduling the missed dose or adjusting your dosing schedule. It’s important not to double the dose to make up for a missed one unless instructed to do so by your healthcare provider.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Tildrakizumab-asmn injection, like any medication, can cause side effects, although not everyone experiences them. Common side effects may include:
- Upper respiratory infections: These can include symptoms such as a stuffy or runny nose, sore throat, cough, or sinus congestion.
- Headache: Some individuals may experience headaches while using tildrakizumab-asmn.
- Injection site reactions: This may include redness, itching, pain, swelling, or bruising at the injection site.
- Diarrhea: Some people may experience gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea while using tildrakizumab-asmn.
- Nausea: Feeling nauseous or experiencing an upset stomach is another possible side effect.
- Fatigue: Tildrakizumab-asmn may cause feelings of tiredness or fatigue in some individuals.
- Serious infections: Although less common, tildrakizumab-asmn can increase the risk of serious infections, including tuberculosis (TB), bacterial, fungal, or viral infections. Symptoms of serious infections may include fever, chills, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Allergic reactions: Rarely, tildrakizumab-asmn can cause severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis. Signs of an allergic reaction may include rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, or difficulty breathing.
It’s important to contact your healthcare provider if you experience any side effects while using tildrakizumab-asmn. They can provide guidance on managing side effects and determine if any further action is needed, such as adjusting your dosage or discontinuing treatment. Additionally, if you experience symptoms of a serious infection or allergic reaction, seek immediate medical attention.
What should I know about storage and disposal of this medication?
storage and disposal of Tildrakizumab-asmn injections:
- Storage: Tildrakizumab-asmn injections should be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. Keep the medication in its original carton to protect it from light. Before administration, allow the medication to reach room temperature for about 30 minutes. Do not use if the medication has been frozen or exposed to extreme heat.
- Disposal: Dispose of used needles and syringes in a puncture-resistant container. Do not dispose of them in the household trash. Follow local regulations or guidelines for proper disposal of medical waste. You can consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist for guidance on safe disposal methods.
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of emergency or overdose of Tildrakizumab-asmn injections:
- Seek medical attention: If you suspect an overdose or experience severe side effects such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, or throat, or signs of a serious infection, seek immediate medical attention. Call emergency services or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Poison Control: You can also contact Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 (in the United States) for guidance on what to do in case of an overdose.
What other information should I know?
- Regular Monitoring: Your healthcare provider may schedule regular appointments to monitor your progress and assess the effectiveness of the treatment. Blood tests may be performed to check for any adverse effects.
- Missed Doses: If you miss a dose of Tildrakizumab-asmn, contact your healthcare provider for instructions. Do not double the dose to make up for a missed one.
- Follow Instructions: Always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for administering Tildrakizumab-asmn injection and managing any side effects. If you have any questions or concerns about the medication, don’t hesitate to ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for clarification.
- Keep Out of Reach of Children: Store Tildrakizumab-asmn injections securely and out of reach of children and pets.
- Patient Information Leaflet: Read the patient information leaflet provided with the medication for detailed instructions on proper use, storage, and disposal.
It’s crucial to communicate with your healthcare provider about any concerns or questions you may have regarding Tildrakizumab-asmn injection. They can provide personalized guidance and support throughout your treatment journey.