Xyzal 2.5mg/5ml 150ml
Actual product appearance may differ slightly.
Xyzal is used for:
Treating allergy symptoms and chronic hives. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Xyzal is an antihistamine. It works by blocking a substance in the body called histamine. This helps to decrease allergy symptoms and hives.
Do NOT use Xyzal if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Xyzal or to cetirizine
- you have severe kidney problems or you are receiving dialysis
- the patient is a child 6 months to 11 years old who has kidney problems
Before using Xyzal :
Some medical conditions may interact with Xyzal . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney or liver problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Xyzal . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Ritonavir or theophylline because they may increase the risk of Xyzal ‘s side effects
How to use Xyzal :
Use Xyzal as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Xyzal by mouth with or without food. Take it in the evening unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- If you miss a dose of Xyzal , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Important safety information:
- Xyzal may cause drowsiness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Xyzal with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Xyzal ; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- The risk of drowsiness may be greater if you take Xyzal in high doses. Do NOT take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Use Xyzal with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Xyzal should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 6 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Xyzal while you are pregnant. Xyzal is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Xyzal .
Possible side effects of Xyzal :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Drowsiness; dry mouth; sore throat; tiredness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); dark urine; fainting; fever; irregular heartbeat; mental or mood changes (eg, aggression, agitation); seizure; severe or persistent dizziness; shortness of breath; yellowing of the eyes or skin.