Trospium 20mg Tablet – Generic Sanctura
Actual product appearance may differ slightly.
TrospiumÂ is used for:
Treating overactive bladder symptoms, such as incontinence, urgency, and frequency. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
TrospiumÂ is an antispasmodic and antimuscarinic agent. It works by reducing muscle tone of the bladder which decreases urinary spasm and frequency.
Do NOT use Sanctura if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Sanctura
- you have stomach problems (eg, gastric retention), a history of difficulty urinating, blockage of the bladder, ulcerative colitis, muscle problems or weakness, or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma
Before using Sanctura :
Some medical conditions may interact with Sanctura . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver or kidney problems or controlled narrow-angle glaucoma
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Sanctura . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Sanctura
- Halothane because the risk of its may be increased by Sanctura
How to use Sanctura :
Use Sanctura as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Sanctura by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating.
- If you miss a dose of Sanctura , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Important safety information:
- Sanctura may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Sanctura with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Sanctura may cause dry mouth. To relieve dry mouth, suck on (sugarless) hard candy or ice chips, chew (sugarless) gum, drink water, or use a saliva substitute.
- Do not become overheated in hot weather or while you are being active; heatstroke may occur.
- Use Sanctura with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Sanctura should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Sanctura while you are pregnant. It is not known if Sanctura is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Sanctura , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Sanctura :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Blurred vision; constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth or eyes; headache; upset stomach.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); difficulty urination; rapid or irregular heartbeat.