Tarceva 150mg Tablets
Actual product appearance may differ slightly.
What is Tarceva used for?
Tarceva is used to treat patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC):
- that is only in the lung (local), or spread through the body (metastatic), and
- who have failed at least one other chemotherapy treatment (medicine used to kill cancer cells).
Special Warning(s) with Tarceva:
Some patients taking Tarceva have developed interstitial lung disease (ILD). ILD is a serious and life-threatening lung disease. The symptoms of ILD are the sudden onset or worsening of trouble breathing (shortness of breath) and dry cough. Women who are pregnant or breast feeding should not take Tarceva. Women of child-bearing age should avoid becoming pregnant while taking Tarceva. Effective birth control should be used during Tarceva therapy and for two weeks after stopping Tarceva.
General Precautions with Tarceva:
Patients on Tarceva therapy and taking warfarin (Coumadin) or other medicines called “anti-coagulants” should have regular blood tests and watch for bleeding problems.
What should I tell my health care provider?
Tell your health care provider if you:
- have liver problems. Tarceva may cause liver damage called hepatotoxicity.
- have or had bleeding problems of the stomach or intestines such as ulcers
- are pregnant, are trying to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list and show it to your doctor and pharmacist each time you get a new medicine. Do not take any new medicines without talking to your doctor.
What are some possible side effects of Tarceva?
(This list is NOT a complete list of side effects reported with Tarceva. Your health care provider can discuss with you a more complete list of side effects.)
Call your doctor right away if you have:
- severe or non-stop diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, or vomiting
- new or worse trouble breathing or cough
- eye irritation
Some common side effects with Tarceva include:
- loss of appetite
- shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- inflammation of the mouth
- dry skin
- eye problems
- stomach area (abdomen) pain
For more detailed information about Tarceva, ask your health care provider or pharmacist.