Patanase 0.6% 30.5gm Nasal Spray
Actual product appearance may differ slightly.
Patanase Spray is used for:
Treating allergy symptoms such as sneezing and itchy, runny nose. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Patanase Spray is an antihistamine nasal spray. It works by blocking the action of histamine, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Do NOT use Patanase Spray if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Patanase Spray
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Patanase Spray:
Some medical conditions may interact with Patanase Spray. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have an infection in the nose, a history of nasal injury, or any other nose problems (eg, blockage, narrowing, sores, ulcers)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Patanase Spray. Because little, if any, of Patanase Spray is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
How to use Patanase Spray:
Use Patanase Spray as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Before using Patanase Spray for the first time, you must prime the pump. To do this, point the pump away from yourself and others. Spray 5 times or until a fine mist appears.
- Re-prime the pump if it has not been used for more than 7 days. To do this, point the pump away from yourself and others, then spray 2 times.
- To use a nose spray, gently blow your nose. Sit down and tilt your head back slightly. Place the tip of the spray container into the nose. Using a finger from your other hand, press against the opposite nostril to close it off. Breathe gently through the open nostril and squeeze the spray container. If you are using more than 1 spray, wait for 1 to 2 minutes between sprays. After using the medicine, rinse the tip of the spray unit in hot water and dry with a clean tissue to prevent contamination.
- Throw away any medicine that is left in the bottle after you have used 240 sprays (not counting the sprays used to prime the bottle for the first time). You may no longer receive the correct amount of medicine with each spray.
- If you miss a dose of Patanase Spray, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Important safety information:
- Patanase Spray is for the nose only. Do not get it in your eyes or mouth. If you get it in these areas, rinse with cool tap water at once.
- Patanase Spray may cause drowsiness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Patanase Spray with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Patanase Spray; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- The medicine has an antihistamine in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has an antihistamine (eg, diphenhydramine) in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Patanase Spray should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 6 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Patanase Spray while you are pregnant. It is not known if Patanase Spray is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Patanase Spray, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Patanase Spray:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Bitter taste; cough; drowsiness; headache; mild nosebleed; mild sore throat.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); fever; repeated or persistent nosebleeds; severe nasal irritation; sores in the nose.