Omega 3 Fish Oil – 1000mg 180 Soft Capsules
Actual product appearance may differ slightly.
New Page 1
Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters is used for:
Treating patients who have very high triglyceride levels. It is used in addition to a low-fat diet.
Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters is a lipid-regulating agent. Exactly how it works is not known. It may decrease the production of triglycerides in the liver.
Do NOT use Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters , including soy
Before using Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters :
Some medical conditions may interact with Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances, including fish, fish oil, or soy
- if you have a blood clotting problem
- if you have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), liver problems, pancreas problems, or diabetes
- if you drink more than 2 glasses of alcohol a day
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters
How to use Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters :
Use Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions:
- An extra patient information leaflet is available with Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters . Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Take Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- Do NOT change your dose or stop taking Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters without talking to your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Important safety information:
- Follow the diet and exercise program given to you by your health care provider.
- Lab tests, including liver function and blood lipid levels, may be performed while you use Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 18 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters while you are pregnant. It is not known if Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Back pain; burping; flu-like symptoms (eg, fever, headache, muscle aches, tiredness); taste changes; upset stomach.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in vision; chest pain; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; numbness of an arm or leg; severe stomach pain; signs of infection (eg, fever, chills, or persistent sore throat); sudden shortness of breath; sudden, severe headache, vomiting, dizziness, or fainting.