Mestinon 180mg Controlled Release 30 Tablets
Actual product appearance may differ slightly.
MestinonÂ are used for:
Treating myasthenia gravis. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
MestinonÂ are a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by improving nerve impulses in muscles so that the muscles are better able to work.
Do NOT use Pyridostigmine if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Pyridostigmine
- you are taking quinine or quinidine
- you have a stomach, intestinal, or urinary blockage
Before using Pyridostigmine:
Some medical conditions may interact with Pyridostigmine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart problems (eg, heart block, slow heartbeat), a urinary tract infection, asthma, or kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Pyridostigmine. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Quinine or quinidine because effectiveness of Pyridostigmine may be decreased
- Succinylcholine because actions and side effects may be increased by Pyridostigmine
How to use Pyridostigmine:
Use Pyridostigmine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Pyridostigmine may be taken with or without food. Take with food if it upsets your stomach.
- If you miss a dose of Pyridostigmine, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Important safety information:
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using Pyridostigmine.
- Use Pyridostigmine with extreme caution in CHILDREN. Safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Pyridostigmine, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Pyridostigmine during pregnancy. Pyridostigmine are excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Pyridostigmine, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Pyridostigmine:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); diarrhea; fainting; increased production of saliva; increased sweating; muscle weakness; nausea; small pupils; stomach cramps; trouble breathing; vision changes; vomiting; weakness.